Monday, March 28, 2011
We continue to get more wind than the forecasts call for. All last week was windy. Some days were great, some not so great, but all were kiteable. Buoy is calling for less than 10 knots today and tomorrow, but who knows? Wednesday and Thursday look better. More party photos below.
Friday, March 25, 2011
Thursday, March 24, 2011
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday have all been 25 knots or more. Forecasts kept predicting relatively light winds but the sand has been blowing pretty steady. Hoping for another couple of days like this but it is supposed to ease off.
Dan and Jimeh
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
The forecast is calling for light winds but it appears that the thermals have been giving our wind a good boost out at the kiddie pool. I had blogged earlier that I wasn't counting on the thermals much because the water temp had risen lately, but that has been reversed. I am guessing that the big tides that were the result of the "Big Moon" that we just had stirred up the sea a bit and brought up some colder water from down deep. Both of the charts that I refer to for water temperatures show surface temperature of about 65. That's 5 degrees colder than a week ago.
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Tuesday had a lot more wind than we expected. Sand was blowing hard. A bit gusty and nasty but great for boosting. The forecast is for some wind all week. No way of knowing if it will keep blowing hard or back off to the mellow conditions predicted.
Below is Jimeh enjoying the day.
Sunday, March 20, 2011
Saturday turned out to be pretty good except that Monday is Benito Juarez' birthday and a day off in Mexico so the beach was crowded. Lots of people and lots of vehicles. Next week has wind almost all week, although the prediction is for it to be a little light.
Here is a photo of our newest and youngest kiter, Carlos Jr.
Friday, March 18, 2011
I think that we'll have late afternoon wind tomorrow, Saturday. If you can believe TempBreak, the water temperature is up to 70 degrees (21C.) That may limit the thermals and cut down on the wind so I don't expect too much. Tuesday still looks good.
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Kenn and Dane
Yesterday was good but today was extremely light wind. Kenn and his son Dane managed to get out for a while towards the end of the day. The forecast for the rest of the week has backed off to looking real lousy. Nothing until next Tuesday. At least the water is warming up.
Wednesday, March 09, 2011
Tuesday and Wednesday were good. Not sure about tomorrow. It was unusual for midweek that a bunch of kiters came down from Hermosillo and one from Obregon. Weather was warm and the water is starting to turn although it is still in the low 60's.
Friday, March 04, 2011
Thursday, March 03, 2011
We are finally getting some strong winds. Today was great and the next two days should be even better. My new kite has awsome power when you want it and plenty of depower when you don't. The amount of power available is actually a bit scary. I was jumping really, really high today but landing hard. I could have pushed for jumps even higher but I don't dare do it until I get my timing down on the landings. Below is a photo courtesy of Sid.